Differences between YstokHTML and Franz PHTML
- Added the element-type and external-format parameters to the default
parse-html method (i.e. on a pathname).
- Changed signature of phtml-internal:
read-sequence-func is the last optional parameter now.
- HTML character references additions
- Numeric and entity references are supported in (delimited) attribute
values as well as in PCDATA.
- Added pseudo-entities - non-standard character names that can
be replaces by an arbitrary LHTML element.
- The parsing code was abstracted and moved into the new
function. It converts an HTML escaped character references, i.e.
numeric or named entity strings, to a
- string, or
- LHTML element.
- For state names, symbols are used instead of integers.
Attribvaluedelim: escape char #\\ is actually skipped and next char is read.
- Callbacks are invoked in bottom-top order, i.e. applied
- first to leaves,
- then to the root.
- The callback of an element is invoked
- for an element without an end tag - just after parsing the start tag;
- for an element with an end tag - just after parsing the end tag
(this can also be triggered during auto-closing when
the start of a sibling or the end of a parent is encountered);
- for comment - just after the whole comment is read
(useful for specifying control info like TMPL_...).
- Rewriting elements via callbacks is possible.
A callback can return the two values:
(1) A new element that should replace the argument received,
does not matter if the second value is null.
(2) A generalized true as an indication that the element has changed.
:append - the new element should be revappend'ed to pending content,
otherwise - the new element should be consed to pending content.
*callback-parent-tag* special variable.
It is bound around any call of a callback.
*xhtml-mode* special variable indicating that an XHTML prologue
has been encountered.
Added the following pseudo-elements similar to the !-- comment.
- <?xml ...?>
- <?php ...?> - in attributes, PHP code is left unparsed.
- Marked #\? as tag-char.
sgml-bailout, and the lexer returns the
:sgml kind instead of
- Added function
- Added property
tag-retain-whitespace for preformatted element symbols,
Spaces within the content of these elements are never collapsed.
:retain-whitespace parameter to
t - whitespace is preserved everywhere in full,
:newline - replace #\Newline with :newline keyword and
collapse or eliminate some space around it,
nil - neither linebreaks nor other whitespace survive, except for
- inside the scope of tag-retain-whitespace.
- More error reporting
- Tracking the input line number and column similar to YHTML-Template.
- Signaling template-syntax-error when an end tag is encountered but
no matching start tag pending within the document tree.
- Warning about absence of an explicit end tag,
template-syntax-warning conditon to issue a warning about
intersection of element scopes or missing end tags.
That could help to write HTML in a more strict manner.
- Considerable code rewrite and lots of improvements
- Removed dependency on Allegro's excl package or ACL-Compat lite:
if* macro is no longer needed.
- More integration with HTMLGen.
- Macro tag-no-end replaced by the inline function and implemented
by means of
:callback-only mode, which malfunctioned in
the original Franz code.